Roasted salmon with Butternut Squash, Kale & Fennel with a Lemon Yogurt Dressing (serves 2)
This recipe is as nutritious as it is delicious. Perfect hot or cold, simply prepare the night before- pop it in the fridge and take to work the next day.
2 portions of salmon, remove the skin
½ butternut squash
1 fennel bulb
2 stems of Kale, picked and washed
1 tps. Fennel seeds
Salt and pepper
1 minced garlic clove
1) Peel and slice the butternut squash into medium size chunks
2) In a roasting tray add a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil, the butternut squash, salt and pepper and the fennel seeds
3) Cook on a high temperature until tender
4) 5 minutes before removing the butternut squash from the heat, add the thinly sliced fennel
5) During this time add another small teaspoon of coconut oil to another baking tray, add the salmon and roast for approximately 25 minutes
6) Quick fry the kale in a very hot pan with coconut oil, garlic, salt and pepper
7) Mix together the butternut squash and kale mixture
8) Add a splash of lemon juice to the soya-yogurt, with a some salt and pepper
9) Serve the salmon on the bed of vegetables with a small drizzle of the yogurt lemon dressing. Add a sprinkling of almonds for an extra protein punch!
10) Wait to cool then pop into your lunchbox ready for tomorrow’s lunch
Salmon A great source of protein and very high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential when trying to reduce inflammation. It is also packed with vitamin B6 which acts as a natural diuretic.
Kale High in vitamin K and omega 3 fatty acids, Kale has all the perfect components of the ultimate anti-inflammatory vegetable.
Fennel Seeds Fennel seeds are the ultimate quick fix to beat the belly bloat. Compounds in fennel relax muscles in your digestive tract and allow trapped gas to pass.
Coconut oil Coconut oil has been found to benefit digestive disorders including IBS and microbial related tummy bugs. Fatty acids in coconut oil contain anti microbial properties, which have a soothing affect on bacteria, candida, or parasites that cause poor digestion.